THE WEEK IN WRITING
- So this buzzfeed post entitled 'If white characters were described like people of color in literature' is actually from last year but I saw it today and it killed me.
- This article on writing for kids without having kids resonated with a lot of people. Worth a read, whether or not you agree with all the points made.
- The New York Times has an article this week that questions whether we sometimes mistake difficult-to-read prose for brilliant prose when it isn't always the truth.
THE WEEK IN READING
- The BN Teen blog featured the first chapter (and glorious new cover!) of my debut, BLEEDING EARTH. If you are interested in bloody things.
- This tumblr post offers some classic queer lit reading suggestions.
- Apparently there are some pretty real fun-ruiners out there, and people are having to take down their little free libraries. Everyone's gotta be mad about something I guess...
THE WEEK IN PUBLISHING
- You guys it has been almost ten years since TWILIGHT came out?!?! If you are near Forks in September, looks like you can celebrate with Stephenie Meyer herself!
THE WEEK IN OTHER STUFF
- Our own Kate Hart interviews photographer Meredith Melody as part of her brilliant blog series, Badass Ladies You Should Know.
- I have seen a lot of articles displaying what sort of home you can get for $250,000 in different cities, but I always find it interesting, so if you do too, here's one from CBS.