THIS WEEK IN WRITING
- Mari Naomi draws up an illustrated guide on writing people of color!
- Molly Crabapples shares her fifteen iron clad rules for creativity.
THIS WEEK IN READING
- Publisher's Weekly gives us the rundown on the best YA books of 2014.
- YALSA is looking for this year's William C. Morris Award nominations. Submit nominations here!
- Erin Moulton shares helpful tips when recommending fiction as therapy to teens (along with a great list!).
THIS WEEK IN PUBLISHING
- The We Need Diverse Books campaign is less than $20K away from it's goal! -- donate quickly to snag some great perks!
- ALA announced this year's Teens' Top Ten Titles!
- Amy Fitzgerald shares a few tips on being a white lady editing diverse fiction.
THIS WEEK IN OTHER STUFF
- Check out ByeFelipe - an Instagram calling out hostile dudes!
- Check out the School Library Journal's write up on the National Coalition Against Censorship's 40th Anniversary Celebration!
- Cord Jefferson writes a lovely essay On Kindness.
- Lauren O. Graham writes a heart breaking essay on not being able to insulate black children from racism (no matter how educated or elite).
THIS WEEK IN THE RANDOM
- Jezebel shares the grossest things they've found on Pinterest (ew!).
- Please check out #CatsThinkingAboutClimateChange for an endless feed of cat hilarity.