So I know a lot of you are Nanoing right now (and so am I) so I thought I'd do a quick check in to see how everyone was doing so far?
- Are you on goal?
- Is it harder than you thought?
- Have you thought about throwing in the towel already?
- I am not on goal. (Woefully behind because I got all wrapped up in a fabulous book that I am calling research, LOL)
- I've done Nano before. I've never actually finished it in November. My deadlines usually mean I am Nanoing anyway, so I'm used to the rush. Maybe that's why I can't finish NANOWRIMO. Hmmm.
- I have thought about giving it up. I started Nano right after I turned in a book that was due, so I jumped right back into the fire. I question my own judgment sometimes. Especially when I am staring at the screen and there are no words in my head. But I'm not giving up! I hold my pen up high and shout SPARTA, no wait, make that NANO!
If you are behind, don't sweat it. This writing gig is a marathon, not a sprint. Pick up where you left off and keep going!! Even if you end Nano with 25 or 30 or 75,000 words, that's more than 0!
Check in, let us know how you're doing, if you're struggling, or even if you are kicking butt!