THIS WEEK IN WRITING
- Author Andre Dubus III makes a case for writing without outlines.
- Ten famous authors who were also great people.
THIS WEEK IN READING
- An article on Vulture talks about adults reading YA.
- Razorbill will be launching its first serialized e-pub this month.
- Author Alice Munro won the Novel Prize in literature.
THIS WEEK IN PUBLISHING
- Delilah S. Dawson has tips on surviving writing conferences.
- An interview with Andrew Wylie about his agenting style.
- Again this year, Malinda Lo looks at the numbers of LGBT YA novels.
- Trends in YA, as told by agents.
-Stephen Baldwin is sued in the amount of his advance for failure to complete the second book of his deal.
THIS WEEK IN OTHER STUFF
- Those of us who use SocialFixer to make Facebook more bearable might soon be out of luck.
- But those of us who loved Boy Meets World can soon watch its follow-up and reminisce.
- TIME has put together a list of 30 must-follow tumblrs.
- The people who brought you the Lizzie Bennett Diaries now have a new web-based series.
- The head of animation for the Disney film Frozen has Opinions about animating female characters.
- It seems like no one really knows what to say in their first tweet. Did you?
- This article by Amy Poehler about being a teen is really lovely.
THIS WEEK IN THE RANDOM
- This story of a Connecticut news anchor accidentally eating cat vomit is both hilarious and disgusting. Also in Connecticut, some teachers are finding the Geico hump day commercial 'disruptive'. Come on, Connecticut.
- Drunk dial Congress. No more needs to be said.