- Make a plan and make sure that plan is not to write all day every day. It's your vacation! And as much as we love writing, you should definitely diversify! Plan to spend time with your family, to catch up on tours, to lie around and do absolutely nothing.
- Stick to your plan! If you say you're going to write for an hour on the first day, write for an hour. Close tumblr (she says to herself), get away from twitter, and shut off the internet. If it's more helpful, write in your notebook, or get a program that blocks you from accessing the internet for a certain amount of time.
- Set yourself a goal. It can be as specific as "I want to write 10,000 words by the end of this vacation" or as vague as "I want to get to such and such scene or write such and such scene or introduce this character".
- Buy a good lock for your door. Really. Do it. You would (or would not) be surprised at the amount of things family members suddenly need you for when you're on vacation.
- But most of all, make sure that you are doing what you want to do with your vacation. Writing is often hard and difficult, but if you don't want to write during these days, don't! Enjoy doing other things, recharge your mind and body.
So I have just started my vacation. As you can tell I am very excited about this first because I don't have to get up early, but also because I have bucket loads of time to write. But with all that time comes responsibility! So I have a few tips to make the most of your free time.