but be sure to come back next Friday for a look at 2011!
THIS WEEK IN WRITING
- Author Susan Dennard talks story expectations and disappointments.
- The makers of Scrivener have iPad and iPhone apps in development.
- What's the best gift you can give a writer? GalleyCat has a suggestion, and the NYT polled authors to find out which books they like to give and receive.
- Can't remember the rules laid out in The Elements of Style? Now you can learn it in sing it instead.
THIS WEEK IN READING
- John Green announced Wednesday that Barnes and Noble erroneously shipped copies of The Fault In Our Stars.
- The NYT looks at Scholastic's new "Infinity Ring" series and its combination of in-book and gaming features.
- Spanish novelist Lucía Extebarria quits writing in protest of piracy issues.
- NPR's list of top YA included Veronica Roth's Divergent!
THIS WEEK IN PUBLISHING
- Sara Megibow shares the newbie mistakes she's made as an agent.
- Editor Angela James has ten things writers need to know about Twitter.
- Don't query agents on Twitter. Seriously. Janet Reid is not kidding.
- How to have a better blog, from The Rejectionist.
- Mark Changizi takes a look at the destructive side of creative communities (via Elizabeth Craig).
THIS WEEK IN OTHER STUFF
Buzz for the "Snow White and the Huntsman" movie has been high, but reaction to the poster for the other Snow White movie, "Mirror Mirror," is lukewarm at best.
THIS WEEK IN THE RANDOM
Have a merry Christmas weekend!
~ Kate Hart