Interview with Lee Nichols + a Giveaway!
Plus, stay tuned for a giveaway at the bottom of this post!
First, let's get to the interview. Thanks for joining us, Lee!
1. Is Surrender going to be the final book in the series? If so, what will you work on next? If not, what can we expect from Emma in the future?
Surrender is the final book. I’ve written another YA novel, but it’s a complete departure for me, so I may publish it under a pen name. And, at the moment, I’m taking a break from YA and going back to my roots in women’s fiction. After a number of years focusing exclusively on teens, it’s fun to think about what it’s like to be an adult again.
2. What is the best part about writing a series? What is the most difficult part?
The best part is writing about the same world and characters that are so hard to let go of when you finish a book. At the same time, it’s difficult to write about the same characters and world and somehow create a completely fresh and distinct new novel.
3. If you could use one song to describe Surrender, what would it be? What songs would you choose for DECEPTION and BETRAYAL?
Deception: Acapella, by Kelis
Betrayal: C’mon Baby, by Bob Schneider
Surrender: Blindfold, by Morcheeba
4. What inspired you to write the Haunting Emma series? Have you always been a fan of ghost stories?
I am a fan of old Gothic mysteries. And the idea for the series came from wanting to write a contemporary version of that. Sometimes you intend one thing and another comes out when you start to write. I’ve still got the haunted house and the romance, but that’s about all that I started with.
5. Now about you. If you could be any YA character, who would you be?
Hmm. I’ve never thought of that before. I probably identify most with Ruby Oliver in E. Lockhart’s series, so I’ll go with her.
6. Can you tell us some of your favorite YA books right now?
I hate to play favorites. Just go read whatever hits your fancy. There are so many wonderful books out there right now, it’s impossible not to stumble upon something brilliant.
7. And, finally, if you could cast a Haunting Emma movie - who would you cast as Emma?
At the moment, it has a better chance of becoming a TV show, and for that I love Diana Agron. Actually, a book blogger who’s read all three books in the series just tweeted me she thought Diana Agron was the perfect choice, before I even mentioned it, so clearly she fits.
Thanks again to Lee for joining us, and for sponsoring the interview that follows!
If you want to win a paperback copy of SURRENDER, you're in the right place! All you have to do is leave a comment below. I'll draw a winner next Monday, so be sure to check back in to see if it's you!
Contest upon to US only. So enter away!
- Blogger Comments
- Facebook Comments